I'm going back to Darwin in a couple of weeks.
I just don't know how to even explain the fun and happiness I had.
The road trip was nothing compared to what happened within the first hour of being in Darwin town.
We went to the pub as soon as we finished driving. Walked in and sitting there was my exes best friend who we originally hung out with in Darwin. Went and sat down with him and his mate and from that point I think we only spent about 20 minutes apart through the next couple of weeks, which was me getting my bags so I could move into his apartment while he was off work.
Everything felt normal again like it did back before when I was first in Darwin. Most of the old group were there and we were drinking everyday and laughing and I had the most beautifully nice, generous boy right there beside me.
He's not really a very attractive boy. He's a boy you wouldn't look twice at, or if it was to look twice at - it was only cos he'd just gotten drunk and pulled out his front teeth that he had kicked in the year earlier.
So anyway, he bought me a ticket back to Darwin in the next couple of weeks so I could hang out with him while he's off work.
There are a couple of things I'm doing wrong.
He's my exes best friend
He has a tank of a g.f who will surely beat the fuck out of me when she gets back in a month
He's started talking about breaking up with his g.f so he can be with me
He's getting his feelings involved in the most cliche shit way people in relationships do when they start being involved with someone else
If I was to be with this boy, it wouldn't work because while he's off in the middle of nowhere working for two weeks at a time - I'd have the urge to play up
...
But I'm really starting to like him. He is just.. wow.
I'm so surprised by how this has happened. He is the last person in the world I thought I'd want to be with.
Him and his friends used to intimidate me so badly that I could barely wave hello at them.
____
Anyway, my trip was fantastic. Here are some photos!!
These aren't in the right order cos I'm just too lazy to change them around..
First up - My new tattoo!! Yiiippppeeeee! This isn't what I originally drew for the tail, but I'm stoked with the outcome. It's also not as big as I wanted but whatevs. Gonna get it added too eventually.
Roadkill beef jerky. It actually was a ring burner. How good is beef jerky?! Takes forever to eat and hardly any calories. Yeow!
These rocks were amazing - apparently it was just a big lava thing that's spewed up thousands and thousands of years ago and over time the rocks have eroded in the strangest ways. Big giant rocks just barely resting, balanced on top of tiny, tiny rocks.
Some pretty desert flowers
It's amazing to see it. Every tiny turn you do on this rock, you see a completely different side to it. I could see faces and animals, elephants mostly, in the side of this rock. There were streams and trees just growing in the side of it. The enormity of this rock is just overwhelming.
This was the trail people climb to go up the rock - it's closed off for most of the year, but I wouldn't even attempt it. It's just some metal rods in the ground with a chain going up. Climbing this would be so scary!
This is where we stayed while we were in Adelaide. View of Brighton Beach, I think it was.

Pink Lake outside of Adelaide. This just stretches on forever.. and the pink is so vibrant! I have a feeling it's the red earth mixed with the salt in these massive salt lakes. Gives off the pink colour. It's beautiful to see.
Stoping at a roadhouse. Taking gay pictures.

Best feeling in the world seeing the border between SA and N.T.

Randoms from different places.

I tried to take a photo of the colours of these sand dunes as the car was racing by. These reds in the earth were like.. the most vibrant thing I've ever seen. I wish I could have taken a good picture of it. I need a better camera.
Emoo at Curtin Springs.
We accidently killed hundreds of finches as we were driving. They fly in groups of about 30. At one point they'll be sitting on the side of the road out of danger and then suddenly they'll fly into the car like a mass suicide or something. Me and my friend were pulling them out of the grill.
Just a tree ^^ =)
OMG!!! Welcome back, Gem!! This is such an AWESOME post! I'm so envious! How gorgeous it all looks! And the colours...Wow!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe how skinny you are, my god! Well done girl! Looking super foxy! And your tattoo is just beautiful!! I love it! <3. XXX.
Wow, the place you went to is beautiful! But I´m glad you´re back =)
ReplyDeleteYour tatoo is great, i love it!
Good work on the weight!!
xx
That place is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThose photos are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteTry not to overthink it too much with that boy. Maybe just hang out with him like you planned and see what happens. You never know--he could be your soulmate!! Or he might not, but you won't know unless you spend time with him, right? <3
Haha, and my crazy rant was a TV show--Law & Order SVU. I watch it for more often than is probably healthy.
xoxo
Omg awesome photographs. The colours were amazing, esp the pink river. I live in the north of little england and the fields are the only beautiful stretches of land that i have seen. So jealous of your road trip! :D Nic x
ReplyDeletethat place looks so wonderful! and your tatoo is lovely! And thank you, hehe, I don't smoke weed anymore, I was smoking so much I went abit mental, so it's back to drinking for me.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're alright! <3