Thursday, September 23, 2010

I need some help!

Anyone have any ideas on what to say to my Dad about cancelling my Darwin ticket?
I'm having some serious second thoughts. I can't decide on whether I want to go or not. I just have no idea.


Reasons to go:
Guaranteed job
See the country some more
Sun - Summer - Tan
Meet a million new people


Reasons to stay:
Children Collide playing a local show for $18 - Score!
Summer is coming
Keeping up stable friendships with new people I've met


If I go:
Loneliness
Go insane
3-4 weeks living in poverty


If I stay:
Same mundane, monotonous piece of crap living here
No job
Stay pale




... oh golly.



I'm going into the city tonight, I think.
Gonna meet up with my pal J. And another guy I know from Cairns.
He's such a funny guy. Loudest Irish man I've ever met and he talks like a leprechaun.


I need something to help me with this decision.
I need to brace myself for the amount of hate I'm going to get from Dad if I cancel haha.

7 comments:

  1. ugh i hate such tough choices like this, especially when there's so much riding on it! what do your instincts say? go back to those first moments of enthusiasm...it's important to be rational but don't talk yourself out of it if you think it really will b beneficial.
    good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i was in the same situation at the start of the year...i moved to brisbane so i could earn more money, met new ppl and was happy with the loads of cash, but i got so lonely that i moved back home so i could have my real friends.

    I think u should do what ur gut tells you to do, also think about what u have to lose and what do you really want.


    Good luck sweet, im sure ur dad will understand if you decide not to =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh tough decision. I'm seriously wishing you good luck.
    Definitely go with your gut instinct.
    If all else fails, place the choices into a hat, and draw one out. :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell him it's a big decision, and you just need some more time to think about it. Better to stay where you are now and really make sure you want to move, rather than going to all the trouble of moving and only then realizing you want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never know what's waiting for you on the other side. You might not be lonely, you might make heaps of new friends. You are a wonderful, charismatic girl, who wouldn't want to be your friend?

    If you go and end up moving back, at least you will have tried. You'll kick your own arse if you don't go.

    Ater all, don't we always regret the things we never did more than the things we did do? Life's too short, G. Live a little. X.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tough choice! Hope you make the right one, but luckily life usually quides you to the right one. personally i love a tan so i'd take the plan for a tan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go! The new people you've met would probably enjoy having a couch to crash on when they come and visit you, and there's always Skype.

    However, it would suck balls if your mum got sick or something... When was the last time she went to a doctor?

    ReplyDelete