Monday, August 9, 2010

This song "Warrior" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs just describes me perfectly at the moment.. and has been for half a year. This song just sums me up completely! I love it.


---- When it's missing and you want it more
It isn't right
Turning, turning out the door
And back to this
Leave it like it was before
And let me out - Go back in time and stay where I want to be
Must've been the end of the story

Giving it all
Giving it all away
You're going to wake up someone
Study it all
The wings, they crowd your face
You're going to end up like one

Trouble at home
Travel away you say
The road don't like me
Travel away
Travel it all away
The road's going to end on me - Especially this bit. I travel away when things get tough.. it doesn't fulfill me and the road ends and I'm back at home again with the same shit problems.

Men, they like me
Because I'm a warrior
A warrior
Stand on my feet
Danced the warrior
The warrior
Where would I be?
I'd be a warrior
A warrior

Now the strangers have caught on
And they're riding in the back seat
The river's going to wash all
Yeah, the river, it spoke to me
It told me I'm small
And I swallowed it down
If I make it at all
I'll make you want me

Trouble at home
Travel away, you say
The road don't like me
Travel it all
Travel it all away
The road's going to get all me

And I'm small
The road's going to get all me
If it gets it at all
The road's going to end all me

Like a warrior
A warrior
Danced the warrior
The warrior ----



If only I was small like she's describing, then everything would be a bit less shit, maybe??
Although, when I was small - I still felt shit. I wasn't scared of someone touching fat cos I knew it wasn't there - but I still had the same problems.
But I did have my ex back then.. and he made me feel fantastic. He always called me tiny and he'd just be able to throw me around. Piggy back me home. I'd share his skateboard and he'd pull us along. Hmm, I wonder if I'll ever get that back?? Someone like him.

2 comments:

  1. A boy really helps when you're feeling shitty... Even if you know while you're with the boy that you're "fat" he's always there to assure you that he loves ever bit of you.

    You'll find one soon, we all do. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! I love reading yours as well.

    Sorry you're having a crappy day. :( Sometimes I wish for a boy as well, but if I really stop and think about it, I want a boy in the same way most people want a puppy. It seems like a nice, fun idea, but probably not practical in the long run (for me, anyway), as I don't want to take care of it....

    Hope you have a fantastic week!!
    xXxXx

    ReplyDelete