Monday, June 1, 2009

Some bullet points for you - was the subject

I got an email from a gay man I used to work with. He was lovely and treated me in an easy, funny way.
This email came when I was at a bad point and I appreciated it so much - I've had it on my wall ever since.

He wrote:

1. Go overseas
2. Don't conform - be what you want to be, not whatt your parents, your friends or society tells you
3. Offend people, politely
4. Love animals, your friends, your family and yourself
5. You don't know what you want in life now - but you will
6. You're a smart person. Remember that and don't be mediocre
7. You only have one go at this life - as far as we know - make the best of it, and don't regret the choices only you can make

Cheers

M



_____

I think I've been doing all that ever since. It wasn't just him that did it - but I grew up.

I went overseas
I am who I want to be
I tell people to fuck off - everyone should do it
I love my animals and I'm a super loyal friend
I figured out what I want in life - I know exactly what I want
I don't think I'm mediocre - but I'm not terribly different either
I don't regret a single thing - a bit of embarassment, but regret? never.


____


I'm writing because I'm bored. Because I'm trying to figure out some emotion. To be passionate about something. No feelings are here. I'm blank. They all went home to the back of my head. Writing to distract myself from food - from life - from something totally meaningless. Where are my emotions when I need them?


_____

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, all someone needs to change their life is a little structure.
    A guide line on how to begin.
    That's what your friend gave you.
    He sounds like a great guy.

    Keep reminding yourself of that list
    and give yourself some structure for the future.

    Stay strong
    Layla
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this post.
    and the advice he gave you was amazing too;

    stay thin hun


    XOXO Sophia Ruins <3

    ReplyDelete